how to create completely customized page tree in confluence?

SKR January 12, 2014

Hi,

I'm new to confluence, so please can any one tell me, how to create completely customized page tree using user macros in confluence with an example?

Please find below my requirements.

We have number of pages/spaces in wiki, some of them have sub pages and sub sub pages, I would like to organise the pages like below example

Home

- History

- Publications

- Locations

- Holidays

Policies

- Health Policy

- Travel Policy

- Leave Policy

- Hand Book

Departments

- Accounts

- Administration

-- Circulations

-- Editorial

-- Manager

.... and more pages

your help will be appriciable.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Sudarshan,

I can't answer your question about creating a customised tree, but the pages that aren't showing in the tree might not be doing so because they are being stored above the Home page.

By this I mean, if you look in a space's admin area and select Pages/Tree, you may see that some pages are shown above the Home page. If so, that's why they aren't in the tree.

If you move them to below the Home page, they will appear in the tree.

Cheers.

SKR January 15, 2014

Hi Mick,

I think you are right, I'm going through each and every pages and I feel the same.

Thanks

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2015

You're welcome. :)

2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2014

CReating the page tree is not really related to any macros. They way you create the page tree is by simply creating pages. When you click the create button the page you are currently on will be come the parent for that page. This is how the parent child relationship is created. You can change this by going to the Browse menu at the top of the page and click on Pages. On this oage there is an option to display the listed pages in a tree view. Click on that. You can now reorder the pages any way you would like via drag and drop.

If you currently use the documentation or default themes then you should see a left hand navigation bar that shows the page tree. Hope that helps.

SKR January 15, 2014

Hi Davin,

Thanks for your reply, but in my case there are many pages and spaces which is already existed and not well organised. Many pages and spaces are not displaying even in tree/alphabetical structure. I'm not sure how to get this done altogether.

Is there anyway I can change page/spaces parent items?

Thanks

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2014

While in the tree mode you should see by each parent page the option to alphabetize the page under that page. As for changing parent pages it is a simple matter of drag and drop. If you need to put it into a different space go to the page you want to move and select the tools menu and go to move. This will giveyou the option to move the page to a different space and specify the parent to put it under.

1 vote
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2016

Hi,

Have a look at our Add-On Page Tree Creator. It does exactly what you are looking for.

Marketplace User review for our Page Tree Creator:
Page Tree Creator is absolutely fantastic. It is simple to use, well documented, and has great functionality. One of our departments has a 20+ page structure that they want in place for each of the companies they track. It took me less than an hour to set up Page Tree Creator such that they can go to a page, enter the name of a new company, click a button and immediately have the entire structure built out for that company. It plugs the company name into every page title to keep pages unique. We maintain a tree of the template pages to use and everything on those pages ends up in the new pages, any text, labels, macros. Very powerful and a huge time savings.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed).

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

Shane Freeman December 1, 2016

Any way to do this in the cloud?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events