how to create a browse by topic section in confluence space?

Akhil_vs September 23, 2015

Hi I am new to confluence and want to know , how to create a browse by topic section in a space so that the pages gets arranged in the alphabetical order as shown in the picture. I am attaching the picture also along with it.

4 answers

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2015

Hi Akhil,

I think I might know what your problem is now.  As I said, if there are not enough labels used, it will simply show from A-Z and not divide it up by letter.  There is no way to change this as it is built in Confluence functionality (unless you get Atlassian to change it or someone writes an additional macro).

If the problem is that it is only showing labels from the current space and you want to show labels from all spaces, then you will need to change where it says "Restrict to this space key" to "@all".  This is a special term that tells Confluence to look in all spaces.

Akhil_vs September 27, 2015

Thanks a lot stephen it worked. It was due to lack of labels. I created more labels and it automatically started arranging in alphabetical order section wise. I regret for asking this question again, I am completely new to confluence.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2015

It's not a problem, we were all new to Confluence at one point :)

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2015

I see that you have a page you want to copy exactly.  The easiest way to do this:

On the page you want to copy, click the ••• menu and choose "View Source"

Press Ctrl+A to select everything, press Ctrl+C to copy

Create a new page and paste (Ctrl+V), and the new page should have exactly the same macros as the page you wanted to copy.  The formatting will be a little different (page sections you will have to do yourself, but that shouldn't be too difficult), but after fixing it up you should have a page exactly equal to the one you wanted to copy.  If it is different, it is probably because of some setting on your Confluence instance.

Could you try this?

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2015

If the labels list isn't showing multiple letters like you want, it's probably because you don't have enough labels :)

Akhil_vs September 25, 2015

I got what you are trying to say. But as i am a beginner to this i want to know how to make the label arranged in that alphabetical order.Is there a special macro for it. (I have created labels from a-z). . and i am new to using those labels and macros.

0 votes
Akhil_vs September 25, 2015

Hi stephen i am getting an error while uploading the picture, so i uploaded it in an external site http://postimg.org/image/fkk85rhb3/ .Here you will see the browse by topic option, i need to know exactly how it is done. I can only reply to this after 24 hours so expecting a positive reply. I have tried my inserting a macro and came up with this http://postimg.org/image/ow4ptxt8h/ . But i need it exactly as in first picture.

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2015

Hi Akhil, no picture ever got attached ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events