how to copy pages from one cloud instance to another cloud instance

Andrew Drury November 26, 2019

How do I copy (or export / import) a group of pages from one instance of Confluence Cloud to another instance, please?

Thx

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2019

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

You can create a custom space export and then select only the pages you need. See Export Content to Word, PDF, HTML and XML for details on that:

To export pages to HTML, XML, or PDF:

1. Click on the space name in the sidebar and choose the cog icon (), then open the Content tools tab
  2. Click Export
  3. Select XML, then hit Next
  4. Choose Custom Export in order to export selected pages only. Select the pages you wish to export.
  5. Click Export

When the export process has finished, you can download the zipped archive or PDF.

You'll need to repeat this for each set of pages you want to export per space.

Follow Import a Confluence Space for steps on how to then import the spaces back into Confluence. If the space already exists with that space key, then you will need to rename the space key manually in the XML. I recommend Solution 2 from How to copy or rename a space in Confluence.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon 

Patrick Leal November 12, 2021

Thanks for the information. 

Got all the way to the Import a Confluence Space page and got an "error during import." 

There error message is: Could not locate exportDescriptor.properties in the archive

I exported a Space from a production Confluence Cloud instance and was trying to import it into a development Confluence Cloud instance. 

That was the HTML export. Switched to XML export, and got this: 

{"errorType":"PublicSignUpDisabled","message":"Public Sign up is not enabled"}
If it's not one thing, it's another with these exports/imports. The cynic in me says that Confluence just wants you to go to their marketplace and pay more money to do things it should be doing out of the box (or used to do). 
Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events