how to change ip address of confluence server

how to change ip address of confluence server

5 answers

1 accepted

Thanks Nic/ Rambanam.

This also helped. Item 7 http://www.ehow.com/how_7564749_change-ip-port-confluence.html

Already changed IP.

Resolved

You will need to edit C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\conf\server.xml (on Windows)

Change the Connector line to include an 'address="127.0.0.1"' attribute (replace the IP with the IP you want Tomcat to bind on) and restart the service.

EX:

<Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector" port="80" address="127.0.0.1" minProcessors="5"
           maxProcessors="75"
           enableLookups="false" redirectPort="443" acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
           useURIValidationHack="false" URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>

This applies to Windows, but the process should be similar on other systems, however the location of the configureation file will change.

Er, no, first of all, that change is for Tomcat, not Confluence. Secondly, you should not bind Tomcats to localhost like that anyway. Third, the question is about changing the IP address of the server, and running it on localhost means you won't be able to reach it from the outside at all. Seriously, no, this is wrong.

Binding to localhost was clearly an example, reading a parenthetical must be incredibly difficult. Of course it's for Tomcat, but for many people who don't spend their day managing Tomcat instances, Confluence and Tomcat are one in the same, as they're likely not aware Tomcat exists, it's just confluence to them. And CLEARLY the asker was looking for this solution, I only added an inline answer in case the eHow link goes away or changes. So not only are incapable of reading a parenthetical, you also don't seem able to read the selected answer. Congrats, I'm awarding you an Idiot of The Week badge. Stop being an ass.

Yes, and it's a terrible example, you should have used almost any other address as the example. It's also worth being very clear that Tomcat and Confluence are NOT the same application - if someone is messing around at this level, they REALLY need to understand that. And throwing insults around when someone gently points out that you are wrong is not going to make you any friends.

This guy is most likely using the standalone edition, like everyone else who knows next-to-nothing about Tomcat and running on Windows. For those people, it's basically the same thing to them, and changing the port/ip are likely the only 2 things most users will ever do with this file (and Atlassian should offer a tool to make this simple, they let you change the port in JIRA with the config tool, just not the bound IP). My answer wasn't wrong, it's the same answer in the eHow article selected as the answer, just reduced and placed inline for the benefit of others getting this question from Google in the future. I'm not here to make friends, and I'm certainly not a nice person. I'm sorry if I somehow misled you to believe either of those things were the case.

0 vote

That's up to your network and server administrators. Nothing to do with confluence.

Although, if you're using the plain IP address as the base url, then you will need to change that in the general configuration, AFTER you've changed the network settings, and seriously, use DNS instead.

In cases where a Server has multiple IPs assigned, or a subnet, Confluence will need to bind to a specific IP address for NAT. Otherwise if you use the same server to host multiple applications (like JIRA and Confluence) you're stuck using and remembering ugly ports. So yes, this has to do with Confluence. You would be correct if it was just a matter of changing the public IP being NATed to the Confluence server.

If it is a Dynamic IP address,yuou can change it simply by resetting it.If it is a Static IP address,you can contact your Internet Service Provider[ISP] and request for a new IP address.

If you need to check the Internet IP address visit the site IP-Details.com .

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

762 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you