how to change confluence port to used one

Shlomi Cohen January 10, 2014

hi

i installed Conf 3.4.7 and the default port is 8090 - http://servername:8090but i need to redirect to address http://servername/confluence, how i can do this ?

2 answers

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2014

What about you just forward the port 80 to 8090?

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8090 #On Linux

This way, when you perform maintenance on Confluence, you can redirect port 80 to a static page saying "We'll be back in x minutes".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2014

They're on a Windows box - no iptables installed by default. Might as well use IIS or Apache, as you're going to have to install something there to make it work.

0 votes
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2014

Hi Shiomi,

You can run Confluence behind a proxy server and direct your application to port 80. Here's the document which explain the detaile step to achieve this.

Cheers,

Jing Hwa

Shlomi Cohen January 11, 2014

hi

thanks you for the reply , could you please give more details i am not familiar to work with apache.

BTW : the Conf server run on Win2008R2 , i am using Conf 5.4

Shlomi Cohen January 11, 2014

thanks for your answer i think , i found other option for redercation on Win server 2008 R2

http://ashrafhossain.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/how-to-configure-iis-7-and-tomcat-redirection-on-windows-server-2008-64-bit/

could you please take a look ? it will do the job ?

thanks

Shlomi

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2014

The document Jing Hwa has pointed to covers it all. Install apache, set it up as instructed. It is actually generic - it's not just Confluence you would do this for, but any web application you want to relocate.

We can't hold your hand through this - you need to follow the documentation and learn for yourself - if you don't understand it because someone has done it for you, then you can't support it or repeat the installation. Give the document a proper try and ask specific questions if you get stuck, by all means, but you need to try!

There are other options though. In this case, Apache is being used as a basic front-end for relocating Confluence.

• You don't have to use Apache. Nginx is a good candidate for the job and there are other web-servers that can front it.
  • As you're on Windows, you may have access to (And expertise with) IIS, which can do it too. If you know IIS better than Apache, I'd recommend that.
  • You could change the Tomcat to listen on port 80 instead of 8090. This is only suitable if Confluence is the *only* web service running on the machine though
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2014

Yes, that's been written by someone who followed Atlassian's instructions on using IIS to do it, as I mentioned.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events