It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to add custom column on jira filter into confluence

For our internal and customer meeting agendas, we create a new confluence doc and then use the insert Jira issue/filter to filter certain tickets to display. We are in need of adding a custom column such as Notes which a user can use to make notes as we're going through the meeting and we're stuck as it doesn't see supported.

Anyone had any luck or suggestion including third party app? we're on confluence / jira software cloud.

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

You can design a simple form in using confiform plugin with just two fields, the first field is the Jira issue type, and the second one is the Comment field type. You could find a sample form here. Then you can set permission for it to customers just able to edit the comment field. If you need more detail let me know.

Thanks for the suggestion, it blows my mind that this is not natively offered by atlassian (we're already paying $350+ a month) and you need an extension. Is there an easier way?

Like Centile Licensee likes this

As you said, "...including third party app" I suggest this. By the way, you could design a simple table with two column. At each row, the first column contains issue details and the second column for your purpose.  

image.png

Another solution that comes into my mind is to let users comment on issues and bring the last comment (There are several methods to have the last comment)  on the issue on this view.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

3,140 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you