how do i unsubscribe a user from email notifications?

Chris Flynn March 15, 2016

As an administrator of Confluence, is there any way that I can edit a users email notification preferences. They no longer want to receive emails, but cannot get into Confluence to reset their preferences.

1 answer

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

hi,

if you are an admin you can login as that user. go to user management, click on the related person and click on log in as user. then you can go to that user's personal settings and manage e-mail settings.

Chris Flynn March 16, 2016

I know I have done this in older versions of JIRA and probably Confluence, but for some reason I cannot find that link any more. We are using Confluence v5.7.3 and the account is from an external user management directory (Microsoft Active Directory). Do you think either of those scenarios would disable the "login as user" link?

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

I don't think the version has any effect because we have 6.0.0. But you may be right, I think it isn't working because you get the users from another directory. I can't think of any other way to do this, unfortunately. Why can't your users login to manage their settings?

Chris Flynn March 16, 2016

The user recently took a new position for a different part of our parent company. So he "technically" doesn't work for my company anymore, but for some reason his account for our company was never disabled. I thought it would be easier to just remove the notifications for him rather than dealing with HR to figure out why his account was not disabled. I also thought this might be good to know in the future. Oh well. I guess I will have him contact our support team and reset his password.

thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events