how do i unsubscribe a user from email notifications?

As an administrator of Confluence, is there any way that I can edit a users email notification preferences. They no longer want to receive emails, but cannot get into Confluence to reset their preferences.

1 answer

hi,

if you are an admin you can login as that user. go to user management, click on the related person and click on log in as user. then you can go to that user's personal settings and manage e-mail settings.

I know I have done this in older versions of JIRA and probably Confluence, but for some reason I cannot find that link any more. We are using Confluence v5.7.3 and the account is from an external user management directory (Microsoft Active Directory). Do you think either of those scenarios would disable the "login as user" link?

I don't think the version has any effect because we have 6.0.0. But you may be right, I think it isn't working because you get the users from another directory. I can't think of any other way to do this, unfortunately. Why can't your users login to manage their settings?

The user recently took a new position for a different part of our parent company. So he "technically" doesn't work for my company anymore, but for some reason his account for our company was never disabled. I thought it would be easier to just remove the notifications for him rather than dealing with HR to figure out why his account was not disabled. I also thought this might be good to know in the future. Oh well. I guess I will have him contact our support team and reset his password.

thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,890 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you