Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i create a space for a company department?

Lori.Malvey January 14, 2020

When I try to create a brand new space, confluence lists many other department's spaces. How do I create a space from scratch for a department that doesn't have one already? I don't want to create a space within another department's space. It does not allow me to name my new space. What do I do?

I've been trying to reply to your answer, but its not accepting my reply, so I'll put my reply here.  I cut and paste the screen but it is not appearing (maybe there is a lock or something; I'm using an Amazon Work Space computer and it can't do a lot of things a normal computer can do). So let me rephrase my question since I can't show you here: Do I need to be an administrator in order to create a department Space? I am a technical writer, and they asked me to set up their Confluence. Help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Hey @Lori.Malvey ,

how are you creating a new space? Could you please describe what you are doing and where you are doing it in the tool? Because I'm not sure if you are in the right place. So when you are creating a space it should look kinda similar to this:

conf_space.png

And it's always an option to simply create a blank space. 

Best, Max

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Hey @Lori.Malvey ,

in order to be able to create a space you will need to have the "Create Space(s)" global permission. Have a look at the documentation (Global Permissions Overview) explaining it so you can ask your administrators to support you! :)

Best, Max

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2020

In regards to your question in the other thread:

I've been trying to create a new Space for a department in a very large corporation. I was given an account, but I doubt I'm an administrator. The Confluence documentation contradicts what I am seeing on my screen. Namely, when I create a new Space, it is assigning it to another department and I'm not seeing Blank Space/Documentation Space/ Personal Space/ etc. options that is listed in the documentation. Do I need to be an Administrator to set up a department Space? 

Are you sure you are creating a space? It sounds more like you are creating a page. So what button are you pressing to create a space? The one that can be seen on my screenshot? And by the way, you will have to upload the screenshot using the "insert photo" functionality. A screenshot would be very helpful to understand what you are seeing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events