how do i create a custom group in confluence ?

sara.mezzabarba
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 19, 2019

hi All,

please can you help me to create a custom group in confluence ? 

please can you help me !

thanks

Sara

2 answers

0 votes
Yoga Reddy {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

Hi @sara.mezzabarba 

Please go through the following link and follow the steps on how to create users, groups and Grant space permissions to a group.

And the following link explains to you how to Adding or Removing Users in Groups.

Thanks

Yoga

0 votes
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

Hi @sara.mezzabarba,

Different versions of Confluence have different labels or icons (it is Add group in one version and + > Add a group in the other ). 

The first article you referred to allows you to create a group, provided you are an Admin (I am assuming you are one). Once you create a group, you should be able to do what the article 2 in your message refers  to.

To restrict any page access to a bunch of users and you know this user group will be helpful elsewhere too, you should go ahead and create a group using the first article. Again, if you are confused with finding the exact path the article suggests - a simple way to find it is:

1. Navigate to Admin settings > User Management/General Configuration.
  2. Search and find Groups in the left side-bar.
  3. Select this option and you should see Add group link/button/icon.
  4. Use this to add a group.

I hope I was clear enough and it would help you create a group! :)

Thanks

Sireesha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events