Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I set page icons in a space's page tree?

Itai Sanders January 29, 2020

Hi everyone,

I watched the Confluence webinar today and noticed the presenters had a space with the page tree (the one at the left navigation bar showing the page hierarchy) showing a different icon for each page.

I find it extremely appealing and even practically easier to navigate as the tree doesn't look like a huge blob of text and the icons really catch the eye. However, I could not find any way to do this on my own space nor any documentation concerning this feature.

Is this a new feature in the pipeline we can expect in the near future? If not - can anyone share some guidance as to how I can set page icons on my space?

Thanks in advance,

Itai

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2020

Hmmm have you tried to insert some emojis within the title of the desired page? Just copy and paste as it was regular text...

i.e:

📈 Financial Reports

🎯 Weekly Events

Regards

Itai Sanders January 30, 2020

Yes. the emojis button is grayed out when editing a page title, so there is no way to add them to the title.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 30, 2020

You have not to use the emoji button displayed on Confluence.

Use the page linked above to copy the desired icon as it was text and then paste it within the page title.

It should works

Like • # people like this

it works. thanks!

but it is kind of a silly way of doing things. if the title supports emoji's why not allow to insert them native in the editor??

Marketplace Partner
January 30, 2020

No idea, but yes it a kind of a silly way of doing things hahaha

Warran Mavrodaris January 30, 2020

I will take it !!! Thanks for that!

Marketplace Partner
January 30, 2020

You are welcome :)

Did my initial answer solve your problem?

If so, consider to mark the proposed solution as an 'Accepted answer'. This will help other people with the same or a quite similar problem to find a solution in a easy and faster way.

In addition, by doing this the post will automatically gain the "Solved:" prefix in search results to indicate other people that no further support is needed.

Kind Regards.

0 votes
Warran Mavrodaris January 30, 2020

I asked the question on the webinar about this, as I find it makes things look much better and quite appealing. Alas the question was not answered but I have been unable to add any kind of image to the page name.

I asked it as well!

Unfortunately, they didn't answer technical questions at all.

Moises Poblete May 20, 2020

Hi, I had the same question and I can solve by pressing the right mouse button on the title, the emoji option will appear, try it

emoji 1.pngemoji 2.png

emoj3.png

vanessa.ramirez November 2, 2021

Thank u !!!! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events