how do I insert a line break instead of a paragraph

michael_giroux August 13, 2015

Confluence 5.7.4

I'm trying to create a simple list of links to various external resources.  I enter each link on a new line, but this creates a paragraph <p> in the wiki content.  I prefer to have simple line breaks using <br/>.  I see no way to accomplish this.

4 answers

1 accepted

16 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

"Shift + Return" should do the trick.

Trejkaz August 14, 2017

Isn't the standard shortcut alt+return? Why is only Confluence using this different shortcut?

Bryan Diehl August 9, 2018

How would you do this from an iPhone via the Confluence app or  web browser as there is no “shift+return”?

Rupayan Mukherjee September 18, 2019

That worked

Rupayan Mukherjee September 18, 2019

Is there a way to set it as the default behaviour

1 vote
Morgan de Boe April 7, 2019

A white full stop does the trick.

0 votes
Clint Buhs February 7, 2018

I've recently found that Enter results in a line break, and Shift-Enter results in a paragraph break, when in a Preformatted text block. I was attempting to format code snippets and the behavior I've come to expect from most editors wasn't working. It's essentially the opposite as with a Paragraph block. 

0 votes
michael_giroux August 13, 2015

thanks.  As is almost always the case.  After I posted the question, it occurred to me to search for keyboard shortcuts, and I did find the shift+return  described here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events