how do I add a user to the system-administrators group in confluence cloud?

I am using Confluence Cloud and am trying to provide a user with full access to administer the site. I went to User Management > Username and added all of the Groups that are available. The groups are:

administators

balsamiq-mockups-editors

confluence-users

jira-administrators

jira-software-users

site-admins

However when I log in as this user he cannot do full site administration - e.g. he cannot delete a space, he cannot access all the space tools, etc.

What do I need to do to provide users with full admin permissions to everything in Confluence Cloud (same as what I have)?

Thank you!

2 answers

The system administrator global permission is restricted in Atlassian Cloud applications. The sysadmin account is for Atlassian engineers for troubleshooting purposes. Below are a couple links that explain this in greater detail.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Logging+in+with+the+Systems+Administrator+Account+in+Atlassian+Cloud

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ConfCloud/Restricted+functions+in+Confluence+Cloud

The administrator and site admin permissions should allow you to administer the instance. 

Please note that in order to delete a Space, you'll need to be the space administrator. Having the global Confluence administrator permission doesn't grant that access, so you'll need to make sure that you get the admin access under *Space Tools > Permissions*.

0 vote

"same as what I have" Just put them in all of the groups that you are in. Simple.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,233 views 23 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you