how do I add a user to the system-administrators group in confluence cloud?

Chris Swain December 10, 2015

I am using Confluence Cloud and am trying to provide a user with full access to administer the site. I went to User Management > Username and added all of the Groups that are available. The groups are:

administators

balsamiq-mockups-editors

confluence-users

jira-administrators

jira-software-users

site-admins

However when I log in as this user he cannot do full site administration - e.g. he cannot delete a space, he cannot access all the space tools, etc.

What do I need to do to provide users with full admin permissions to everything in Confluence Cloud (same as what I have)?

Thank you!

3 answers

2 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

The system administrator global permission is restricted in Atlassian Cloud applications. The sysadmin account is for Atlassian engineers for troubleshooting purposes. Below are a couple links that explain this in greater detail.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Logging+in+with+the+Systems+Administrator+Account+in+Atlassian+Cloud

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ConfCloud/Restricted+functions+in+Confluence+Cloud

The administrator and site admin permissions should allow you to administer the instance. 

Please note that in order to delete a Space, you'll need to be the space administrator. Having the global Confluence administrator permission doesn't grant that access, so you'll need to make sure that you get the admin access under *Space Tools > Permissions*.

1 vote
Yusuf_Mayet December 19, 2018

Hi,

I want to import a space in my Confluence Cloud, but it fails with an error that I dont have system-administrators priveleges.

How do I fix this?

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2015

"same as what I have" Just put them in all of the groups that you are in. Simple.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events