Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can we restrict the maximum page size in a confluence page?

fbeck_br February 12, 2015

Even we have set attachment size limit to 50MB, some users split large files using zip or rar into smaller files and upload around 500MB into a confluence page.

how can we restrict the maximum page size?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2015

You'll need to find/write some code for that.

Personally, I'd remove the bad users rights to attach - educate them to stop being dumb, rather than try to block them.

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2015

I'll second Nic's remarks Flavio. I have 8000 users and it's a lot about education. Also, potentially offer some solutions that are tailor-made for large attachments and they will probably prefer to use that instead of the effort of splitting files. For example, we have some power users using Box accounts and linking to the folder or files; one can also embed a Box folder on a page so they are still 'working in the wiki' but the files 'live' outside. Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events