how can i delete user

Henn Ruukel June 12, 2013

i have a user account in our confluence which we dont really use. as we are running at 10 user licence level, i'd like to delete that unused user account and create new one and still to fit int 10 users licence.

unfourtanelly i cannot find a way to do it. user hd few pages where he had been made edits, so to get rid of those authored contents i copied these few pages. now when i look at the users activity it's empty, but when trying to delete user account i still get an error "this user has authored content"

any suggestion what i'm doing wrong or where i can see list of authored content still attached to this user if not under his activity?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henn Ruukel June 24, 2013

ok, didnt know that deactivated users are not counted in. this solved problem for me . thnx.

1 vote
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

We usually suggest to just deactivate such user, because it won't cound againsta the license, is pretty simple, it' does not cause any harm and you can active this user when is necessary.

1 vote
Andreas June 12, 2013

Doesn't a deactivated user count in the max user license level?

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

So long as the user is not a part of any group that has the "can use" permission you should be good to go.

I might recommend creating a "Deactivated" group that does not have any permissions and placing all users you want removed from your license count in this and only this group.

1 vote
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013

You could deactivate the user instead: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Deleting+or+Deactivating+Users. For your information: "Deactivated users do not count towards your license count".

Hope that helps !!!

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013

BTW I'd also deactivate instead of delete the user..

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013

Jan,

No it doesn't, so you can definitley do that.

If the user doesn't have a personal space, and you've deleted all his content, it might be that he edited a page that someone else created. I'm not sure if that would stop you from deleting him, but it might. Same goes for any comments he made.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events