how can I remove a users profile picture

beth woodworth October 23, 2011

I'm a new administrator trying to remove past employees profiles and pictures, can disable and remove the profile, but pictures stay?

help.

thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2011

You can't actually delete a user if they've put in any content. You can however deactive them by removing them from all the groups.

1 vote
Jaroslaw Karwat September 18, 2018

is there a way to do this today? Mainly i need to be able to clear old users data out to ensure GDPR and Privacy compliance. If someone's old profile pic keeps coming up...its not compliant. Also this nonsense about keeping someone if they have any content is not exactly Compliant either. Its no longer legal to keep this information indefinitely in any way. It must be easy to totally "forget" people to be compliant

Jaroslaw Karwat September 18, 2018

by "nonsense" i mean it no longer makes sense... yes it used to, but not anymore

0 votes
Barbara Green October 24, 2011

For a disabled user the following might work. I'm not sure what the deal is for removed users since they don't appear in the admin list.

If you are the admin, you can:

1. Go to Confluence Admin-> Manage Users.

2. Enable the user if necessary.

3. Reset the user's password (if you don't know it) and make a note of the new password.

4. Log out and then log in as the user (with the new password).

3. Go to the profile page (users/viewuserprofile.action?username=???????).

4. Click Picture on the left and click Delete under the picture set to delete the current picture.

5. Choose a replacement icon or upload an icon from your desktop to use for those no longer with us.

6. Click Set Profile Picture to set the new icon.

Seems like a lot of work, doesn't it? But it looks to me like bulk functions for users are limited in Confluence if you aren't using a separate user management tool (like Crowd or some other LDAP tool).

Mohammed Razzaque August 9, 2018

I am not admin. I was able to remove profile picture from JIRA board but I still can see that in confluence pages. Can anyone tell me how to remove my pic from confluence also. Please tell simple steps instead of sending codes. Thank you.

Amauri Toscano February 3, 2021

Same here. I am a Confluence admin for my company and i don't see an option to delete a profile picture

Pam Harley February 9, 2021

Same - I want to delete my own profile picture and have it revert to initials (easier for my team to track who is who). I can change my photo, but not remove it.

0 votes
beth woodworth October 23, 2011

test

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events