is there a way to do this today? Mainly i need to be able to clear old users data out to ensure GDPR and Privacy compliance. If someone's old profile pic keeps coming up...its not compliant. Also this nonsense about keeping someone if they have any content is not exactly Compliant either. Its no longer legal to keep this information indefinitely in any way. It must be easy to totally "forget" people to be compliant
For a disabled user the following might work. I'm not sure what the deal is for removed users since they don't appear in the admin list.
If you are the admin, you can:
1. Go to Confluence Admin-> Manage Users.
2. Enable the user if necessary.
3. Reset the user's password (if you don't know it) and make a note of the new password.
4. Log out and then log in as the user (with the new password).
3. Go to the profile page (users/viewuserprofile.action?username=???????).
4. Click Picture on the left and click Delete under the picture set to delete the current picture.
5. Choose a replacement icon or upload an icon from your desktop to use for those no longer with us.
6. Click Set Profile Picture to set the new icon.
Seems like a lot of work, doesn't it? But it looks to me like bulk functions for users are limited in Confluence if you aren't using a separate user management tool (like Crowd or some other LDAP tool).
Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events