how can I merge cells in a table?

I could merge cells normally in the first row inserted but then I couldn't do so with other cells in the table.

Help?

4 answers

Ana,

The select function while working with cells on Confluence is a bit buggy but the selection still works. Try to select the cells with the mouse and use the merge option.

I hope it works.

The merge function does work - it's the cell select function that's not great. If you select one cell and one directly below it, the screen shows that you have selected to the end of the row and then along the following row until you reach the second cell you want. However, if you look closely you can see that two selected cells have changed colour also meaning you can now hit the merge button.

I read both threads, and this was the best answer... and I got my two little cells merged!

When I left click cell (1,1) and [Shift] left click cell (2,2), the cells get marked (by borders) but merging them has no effect.  It seems the cells are marked but the text within the cells is not.  I can mark the text by left clicking and dragging but this method does not scale when the table spans several screen heights.  A workaround is to make the text really tiny; however, I still have a table where dragging does not select text across table cells.  The table is a little irregular; I am not sure how it happened.

0 votes

Excel merge cells into one or merge rows or merge columns values using Dose for Excel Add-In, plus more than 100 new features and functions, check it out:
https://www.zbrainsoft.com/excel-merge.html

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

242 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you