Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I create a complete space as a template?

Jan Polesch January 10, 2022

Hi everyone,

I've created a whole space to use it as a template for more spaces coming within the next month. Is there any possibility to get this Space as a Template so I can create a new space and the structure I've created comes up?

Thank you in advance

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

@Jan Polesch welcome to Confluence Cloud! I hope your journey is fulfilling.

What you are trying to accomplish (create a Space as a template) is not supported natively in Confluence Cloud. There is a supported app that can assist with this. You would need to install the Copy Space App. This adds cost to your instance.

Copying a space replicates all existing content, so make sure you are only copying the blank version of your space, otherwise you will need to go through and delete any content that is specific to the client you were copying from.

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Jan Polesch Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I agree with what @Andy Gladstone has mentioned, currently this is not possible in confluence cloud. There's already a Feature Request with Atlassian which is under consideration - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-4538

I would suggest you to vote for it and start watching it for updates.

Until that feature is released, you can create a blank space with all your required pages/templates and keep it as a master copy. When you create a new space, just copy all those pages from the master copy you created earlier. Or you can check the third party apps on Atlassian Marketplace. Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events