highlighting inside a picture

Hi,

Is there any way that i can highlight regions inside graphical material? Maybe a specific Plugin?

E.g. I upload and attach a menu screenshot to a confluence site and want to draw a red circle around a button.

Since I want to reuse the image, for instance to mark up other parts in another chapter, it would be handy to upload only the clean screenshot and do all the highlighting via macros/online.

Thanks

Chris

4 answers

Thanks
That's also a great tool and I think about integrating it. But it doesn't offer highlighting options though (like a red arrow etc.)

Or does it?

No, I don't think it does...

0 votes
David Simpson Community Champion Sep 12, 2011

It's likely quicker and easier to just keep and original and Photoshop the highlight areas as appropriate.

If you can enable the html macro you might be able to do it all through css and js eg http://odyniec.net/projects/imgareaselect/

Pretty sexy jquery plugin...

Use multiple images.

Confluence doesn't have any native image highlightling or annotating.

Using a plugin or some css code might work, then again it might screw up somewhere down the track on different browsers, versions, whatever.

By the time you've done that you might as well have pumped out the set of images and have a simple, robust solution! :]

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,030 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you