highlighting inside a picture

C.Magoley September 12, 2011

Hi,

Is there any way that i can highlight regions inside graphical material? Maybe a specific Plugin?

E.g. I upload and attach a menu screenshot to a confluence site and want to draw a red circle around a button.

Since I want to reuse the image, for instance to mark up other parts in another chapter, it would be handy to upload only the clean screenshot and do all the highlighting via macros/online.

Thanks

Chris

4 answers

0 votes
Jim Birch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2011

Use multiple images.

Confluence doesn't have any native image highlightling or annotating.

Using a plugin or some css code might work, then again it might screw up somewhere down the track on different browsers, versions, whatever.

By the time you've done that you might as well have pumped out the set of images and have a simple, robust solution! :]

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2011

If you can enable the html macro you might be able to do it all through css and js eg http://odyniec.net/projects/imgareaselect/

Pretty sexy jquery plugin...

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2011

It's likely quicker and easier to just keep and original and Photoshop the highlight areas as appropriate.

0 votes
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2011

Would the ImageMap plugin help? https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/253

C.Magoley September 12, 2011

Thanks
That's also a great tool and I think about integrating it. But it doesn't offer highlighting options though (like a red arrow etc.)

Or does it?

Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2011

No, I don't think it does...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events