cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hibernate.adapter-1.0.3.jar

Rafal Niznik January 23, 2020

Guys I cannot start my confluence server that is running as docker container 

The error I get is 

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy (file:/opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate.adapter-1.0.3.jar) to field java.lang.reflect.Field.modifiers

Does anyone knows how to fix that ??

Thanks 

Rafal

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Rafal Niznik , Welcome to the Atlassian Community. 

I did some searching in our public issue tracker and came across these bugs:

While it is not directly related to Docker, the error message is pretty similar. I have a few questions:

1. Are you using the official Docker image from https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/confluence-server/ ? 
  2. What version of Confluence are you using? Have you tried using the latest image which was updated on 1/18/2020? 
  3. Is this the first time setting up Confluence on Docker or did it start up correctly previously? 
  4. If it did start up correctly, prior to this error, were there any changes recently done? 
  5. What version of Java is the container using? Did you recently upgrade Java? 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Regards, 

Adrian Stephen

Rafal Niznik January 25, 2020

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for replay to my question and here is my

I use  Docker Engine - Community Engine: Version: 19.03.5 . running on Debian GNU/Linux 10

I also use official docker image 49a74906c0a3 with JAVA_VERSION=jdk-11.0.5+10 and confluence 7.2.0

Confluence was running without any problems for many weeks but than after restart this error appears and there was not any type of updates performed.

Now confluence is back and running again and I have done nothing to fix that.

Thanks,

Rafal

Rafal Niznik January 29, 2020

There is another problem after this I see now and not sure how to identify.
It looks like if confluence is not in use ( no users on the page ) than when I try to open page it take around 30 seconds before page is loaded.  I access confluence over 1 GB network so there is no delays in packets. After page is loaded than it works quick but first entry on the page take log time.  Does anyone know how to identify this slowness? Maybe there is some type hibernation? 

Aladdin Ding July 26, 2021

the same question

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy (file:/opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate.adapter-1.0.3.jar) to field java.lang.reflect.Field.modifiers

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Security framework of XStream not explicitly initialized, using predefined black list on your own risk.

after this log,it will hangs up a few minutes,

then confluence is back and running again and I have done nothing to fix that.

Like Ali Salem likes this
Ali Salem September 14, 2021

I am facing the same issue,

this ticket is marked as solved, but I couldn't find any hint about the solution.

does anyone find a way to solve the issue?

btw, I am using confluence 7.12.2.

kind regards,

0 votes
David Redwine October 30, 2021

I see that proxy error in my 8.8.0 Jira core on startup.  I never have seen our confluence become unresponsive for a few minutes after throwing that error.  Coincidently, I upgraded my dev platform to 8.15.1 and now my app cannot be access via proxy.  I am wondering if that BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy is the reason......this is not an "answer", just an observation.

30-Oct-2021 09:26:57.205 INFO [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log 1 Spring WebApplicationInitializers detected on classpath
30-Oct-2021 09:26:57.343 INFO [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Initializing Spring DispatcherServlet 'dispatcher'
2021-10-30 09:26:57,885 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 7.3.5 [build 8401 based on commit hash 704793d6038510d343805f57baea5ca16b469eae] - synchrony version 3.1.0-master-022ca438
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy (file:/app01/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate.adapter-1.0.3.jar) to field java.lang.reflect.Field.modifiers
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
30-Oct-2021 09:28:18.925 INFO [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor Deploying deployment descriptor [/app01/atlassian/confluence/conf/Standalone/localhost/synchrony-proxy.xml]
30-Oct-2021 09:28:18.933 WARNING [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor The path attribute with value [/synchrony-proxy] in deployment descriptor [/app01/atlassian/confluence/conf/Standalone/localhost/synchrony-proxy.xml] has been ignored
30-Oct-2021 09:28:18.935 WARNING [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetContextPropertiesRule.begin [SetContextPropertiesRule]{Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
30-Oct-2021 09:28:19.456 INFO [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events