global configuration of e-mail notifications

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Email Notifications

Is there a way for the Confluence administrator to configure by default that e-mail notifications are sent daily *only* and not for every single change made? Currently, users are flooded with e-mails for every dot and comma changed in pages...

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

HI @Athanassios Siaperas

>> Currently, users are flooded with e-mails for every dot and comma changed in pages...

You can use no email storm add-on - I recommend in any case to install it

>> configure by default that e-mail notifications are sent daily *only*

and check your settings  using these instruction - Configuring the Recommended Updates Email Notification 

Many thanks, this looks nice! However, the ideal would be if users would actually be notified for changes, only that they receive one (1) e-mail notification, which would include all changes made in the day. I understand this is configurable at user settings level ("Subscribe to daily updates" as mentioned in the docs), but the question would be if this is possible to be globally configured for all users...

Thanks again

I know 2 methods only

no email storm helps get rid of the problems )

The first link concerns Recommended Updates E-mail Notification, which is another thing (notifications concerning recommended pages), while the question at hand is about notifications concerning changes to the content.

Seems interesting, although not sure it will allow for having the daily digest for all changes made.

Maybe will just educate users to change their personal settings for this...

Thanks for your efforts

I used "no e-mail storm" after all, let's see, thanks!

I will be also more happy reduce amount of e-mails. 50% of them are not necessary, I do not need know that "ticked closed after 30 days for inactivity". But also I cannot disable all e-mails due to clients. Iam only user, not project/server admin. Is there any way of  "fine" tuning?

I have the same problem and I can say that No Email Storm is not a good solution. It will only cause authors to send fewer notifications because they more often accidentally click the shiny blue save button instead of the save and notify button.

A daily digest (better yet with custom frequency) would be the far superior solution.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

523 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you