Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

global configuration of e-mail notifications

Athanassios Siaperas February 3, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Email Notifications

Is there a way for the Confluence administrator to configure by default that e-mail notifications are sent daily *only* and not for every single change made? Currently, users are flooded with e-mails for every dot and comma changed in pages...

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
viktorokolot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

HI @Athanassios Siaperas

>> Currently, users are flooded with e-mails for every dot and comma changed in pages...

You can use no email storm add-on - I recommend in any case to install it

>> configure by default that e-mail notifications are sent daily *only*

and check your settings  using these instruction - Configuring the Recommended Updates Email Notification 

Athanassios Siaperas February 4, 2016

Many thanks, this looks nice! However, the ideal would be if users would actually be notified for changes, only that they receive one (1) e-mail notification, which would include all changes made in the day. I understand this is configurable at user settings level ("Subscribe to daily updates" as mentioned in the docs), but the question would be if this is possible to be globally configured for all users...

Thanks again

viktorokolot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

I know 2 methods only

no email storm helps get rid of the problems )

The first link concerns Recommended Updates E-mail Notification, which is another thing (notifications concerning recommended pages), while the question at hand is about notifications concerning changes to the content.

viktorokolot
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2016

can You check Enterprise Notifications add-on for you task?

Seems interesting, although not sure it will allow for having the daily digest for all changes made.

Maybe will just educate users to change their personal settings for this...

Thanks for your efforts

I used "no e-mail storm" after all, let's see, thanks!

0 votes
Cerno B September 19, 2017

I have the same problem and I can say that No Email Storm is not a good solution. It will only cause authors to send fewer notifications because they more often accidentally click the shiny blue save button instead of the save and notify button.

A daily digest (better yet with custom frequency) would be the far superior solution.

Cerno B September 19, 2017
0 votes
Jan Alwin August 30, 2017

I will be also more happy reduce amount of e-mails. 50% of them are not necessary, I do not need know that "ticked closed after 30 days for inactivity". But also I cannot disable all e-mails due to clients. Iam only user, not project/server admin. Is there any way of  "fine" tuning?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events