It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

getting json using example api confluence

Alex Wade Jul 20, 2017

Hi im trying to grab the json from the api call using a rest curl. here's my command

curl -D- -u admin:admin -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://localhost:8080/rest/api/2/configuration

I got this from here 

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-server-rest-api/confluence-rest-api-examples

and here's my output (replacing actual info with "hiding")

HTTP/1.1 200 

X-AREQUESTID: hiding

X-ASEN: hiding

Set-Cookie: hiding

X-Seraph-LoginReason: OK

Set-Cookie: hiding

X-ASESSIONID: hiding

X-AUSERNAME: hiding

Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, no-transform

X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff

Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 19:04:35 GMT

{"votingEnabled":true,"watchingEnabled":true,"unassignedIssuesAllowed":true,"subTasksEnabled":true,"issueLinkingEnabled":true,"timeTrackingEnabled":true,"attachmentsEnabled":false,"timeTrackingConfiguration":{"workingHoursPerDay":8.0,"workingDaysPerWeek":5.0,"timeFormat":"pretty","defaultUnit":"minute"}}

Now when I use a |python -mjson.tool  afterwards, it tells me no JSON object could be decoded. Its frustrating that the example isn’t working with the code, is there some way to grab the only the JSON at the end? Thanks for any help

1 answer

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

2,383 views 11 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you