It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

getNotificationManager deprecated

getNotificationManager has been deprecated and is annotated as such in the java code but no alternative is offered. Is there an alternative or can the code that calls getNotificationManager be deleted?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPK_J Community Leader Jan 09, 2020

@Jimmy_Quinn  Welcome to the community!

Can you please add some more details, like where you are trying to access this interface, and in what class/interface method named 'getNotificationManger' has been deprecated.

It is used in a few places but is defined within PageManager.java. Here at Fujitsu, we control the access to pages for creation, amendment and deletion. We use plugins to control page manipulation. I have searched all the Atlassian code and it is deprecated everywhere it is used.

Like Lenin_Raj_Rajasekaran likes this
DPK_J Community Leader Jan 10, 2020

Have you tried accessing it via ContainerManager (com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager),

NotificationManager notificationManager = (NotificationManager) ContainerManager.getComponent("notificationManager");

Like Jimmy_Quinn likes this

I will try this.

Thank you very much.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

269 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you