frequency of content indexing : Unable find section

Deleted user October 10, 2017

I see a KB article which talks about changing the content index frequency. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-modify-the-frequency-of-content-indexing-104300776.html

As they mentioned after extracting jar file, I am not able to find the section in the file "schedulingSubsystemContext.xml"

Can i place this into the file? 

Thanks

Swathi

bean id="indexQueueFlushTrigger" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.CronTriggerBean">
    <property name="jobDetail">
        <ref bean="indexQueueFlushJob"/>
    </property>
    <property name="cronExpression">
        <value>0 0/5 * * * ?</value>
    </property>
</bean>

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 11, 2017

Hi All, 

FYI - 

By default, since Confluence 5.10.x, Quartz isn't used anymore for scheduling periodic jobs. Therefore then the default interval for indexing queue to be flushed had been hard-coded to 5 seconds.

There is no way for you to edit the indexing scheduler without editing the source code and redeploy confluence.

Thanks,

Swathi

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hi Swathi,

I was able to open the confluence-6.4.1.jar file on my computer and I am able to find the schedulingSubsystemContext.xml file mentioned. 

Can you let us know what operating system you're on and what your Confluence version is?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Deleted user October 11, 2017

Hello Shannon,

Its not the file that is missing but the section in the XML file. 

I also raised request with support : https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/CSP-214800

I got the following reply : 

Unfortunately because the indexing task is so critical to the functioning of Confluence, we do not provide a way for this schedule to be edited.

Editing the schedulingSubsystemContext.xml file falls into the category of "unsupported customisations", so you will be voiding your support warranty if you do this

By default, since Confluence 5.10.x, Quartz isn't used anymore for scheduling periodic jobs. Therefore then the default interval for indexing queue to be flushed had been hard-coded to 5 seconds.

Therefore, I am sorry to inform you that there is no way for you to edit the indexing scheduler without editing the source code and redeploy confluence.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events