form layout not working

Philip Domenico March 29, 2022

confiform custom or default layout not displaying

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

Hi @Philip Domenico 

Welcome to this community!

Interesting statement... Do you mind sharing what custom layout in ConfiForms do you have and how is it configured?

Alex

Philip Domenico March 29, 2022

Hi Alex, I actually didn't realize that I was submitting a question when I did it.

thanks for responding. 

1) When I configure the FORM definition, I put instructional text between the fields. This text (or table, etc.) will not display when I put a Form Registration on this or another page.

2) I do have an IFTTT control - which I can not put in the Form definition. I assume this is because I'm using the Cloud version.

3) I have tried to override the default layout with a customer layout; adding the same fields as the above Form Definition, into the Form Registration. 

I am having some luck with using a custom (form registration over-ride, but that is costing me twice the work.

Any direction is appreciated.
thanks,
Phil

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

Hi

Custom layouts in ConfiForms are defined by using the ConfiForms Registrations Control (FormView) macro, see https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/FORMS/Creating+a+form+view+with+custom+layout

And not in Form/Field definitions - these are only configuration

ConfiForms IFTTTs on cloud version with "new editor" cannot be placed inside the ConfiForms Form Definition macro, as this fancy editor does not support nesting of bodied macros (which we really need here)

But we have created a workaround that allows you to put these macros outside and link them via form name parameter

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events