It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

filter results gadget height too short, it cuts off things

The "Filter results" gadget is great.  However, it's cutting off jira tickets that it's pulling.  It pulls 3 tickets from the filter, but the gadget cuts off after 1.5 jira ticets.  I put two of these filter results gadgets on one page, and one shows 7 results and one cuts off at 1.5.  Both gadgets are set to 100% and to display 50 jira tickets.

11 answers

No answers, but @Atlassian it looks like the format window height does not auto size to fit the gadget height.  This is happening on Pie Charts and Filter Results both.  In the HTML, you can resize the format window, but not the actual gadget.  If you increase the format window size, it still does not resize the gadget.  Usually the first gadget on a page works fine, it's when you add the second gadget  or you use a columned format that you get issues.  It just cuts any gadget off to about an inch in height.

One other issue I am having is figuring out how to change the title to the gadget.  It looks like that functionality is not available at this time?

No, answer, but I have the same exact issue. 

I don't have an answer either beyond, it appears the first one on a brand new page works - all others cut off.

Another example of Atlassian using its user community as their beta testers.

Atlassian,

Is it possible that the listener / event handler in each gadget responsible for final height setting is not an encapsulated instance, and as soon as an event for one fires, they all listen and set the height based on whatever has returned up to that point?  

I say this, because in a few experiments, I've noticed the 2nd+ gadgets have various height depending on how long each query takes to give results, but one of them always comes in full-height.

I am also having the same exact problem. How do we fix the height?

@Atlassian , any answers on this yet?

@Atlassian , any answers on this one yet?  Still haven't heard back from anyone.

Same issue here, please fix :( 

Same issue here. Please provide a fix. 

0 votes

@atlassian-qe @Syed Parveez Pasha @atlassean @LeoAtlassian 

Any suggestions to resolve this concern?

It seems like this is similar to the one described in the following bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-43648

Not sure if this will be addressed, but we can surely put in comments here to add more details and let the developers know this still impacts in the newer versions.

Hi @Syed Parveez Pasha

I somewhat agree, although the bug you appended appears to be specific to the JIRA Issues macro and the number of issues it displays.

The issue present here is that the gadgets only display the top inch or so, aything below that is cut off, see below.

Gadget Display Issue.PNG

@Syed Parveez Pasha  bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-43648 does look like the correct defect, however, this defect does render a lot of reporting in Confluence useless, so I disagree with the priority of the issue.  I realize though that I don't know all of the issue you are facing and that this may be the least of your worries.  Just a suggestion to move it up in priority.  I have moved my reporting into Excel to get the information I need.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

7,524 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you