Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field with in page (coming from a global template) should display label name else blank.

Vanisree Valaboju September 28, 2020

How to update a field with in page (coming from a global template) should display label name else blank.

My Template creates pages, After a page is created and if the page has label 'Business_Case_Cancelled' a specific column on the page should display 'page label' else blank/ 'display comala workflow status'

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

Hello  

What I understand is that you want to display a label in a field (I assume page properties) if a specific condition is met. I am not aware of any way to do this but perhaps you could try a slightly difference approach:

Create an additional state in your workflow which you can move to either with a transition or by using a label added trigger. You can then display the Comala Document Management page status on your page using a macro.

Try this example workflow using the workflow markup editor:

{workflow:name=Business Case Cancelled workflow}
{state:In Progress|approved=Approved|taskable=true}
{approval:Review|assignable=true}
{state}
{state:Approved|final=true|updated=In Progress|hideselection=true}
{state}
{state:Business Case Cancelled|submit=In Progress|hideselection=true|colour=#172B4D}
{state}
{trigger:labeladded|label=business_case_cancelled}
{set-state:Business Case Cancelled}
{trigger}
{workflow}

If you have any further questions please let me know or contact our friendly support team at https://support.comalatech.com

All the best

James
Senior Product Manager

Vanisree Valaboju October 6, 2020

Thank you @James Conway for providing the work around. this worked.

Can we just get only status of the workflow and nothing more with in a page? if so how can we do that? when I use workflow report macro it gives entire list like, page name, status, created date, updated date etc, I dont want the whole report but just the status.

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2020

Hi @Vanisree Valaboju 

We are working on new reporting capabilities that I think will help with this use case, if you go to Comala Document Management on the Atlassian Marketplace you can select 'Watch App' bottom right to receive notifications of new releases.

In the meantime you could explore using the Page Status Macro in combination with the Confluence Page Properties macro to create the report you need.

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events