feature "Edit without losing your place" NOT working

Michel_Levy January 21, 2019

When you click the EDIT button, the page goes/jumps all the way back up, even IF I click the EDIT button while being at the bottom of the page.

I really want to edit the last section of this very long page, so I first scroll down to the bottom of the page then click EDIT, but then it jumps back to the top???

Something is NOT right and I am not sure how to fix that. 

Please help.

in this article: (dated: December 2, 2015)

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/confluence-editor-create-edit-pages-faster-ever

Confluence is saying that there is NOW a new feature (that was 3 years ago)

That new feature is called:  "Edit without losing your place"

which is exactly what we are trying to do, BUT it is not working in our server installation.

Can anyone please help.

Thank you.

2 answers

2 votes
Michel_Levy February 15, 2019

We have been very frustrated with this issue. Our Confluences pages are very long and as soon as you click the edit button, Confluence set you back to the top of the page. 

Very annoying and frustrating.

It appeared to work in Firefox, but not really since my Firefox was pointing to the cloud version we had and not the actual server we have now setup since then...

Is Atlassian purposely failing such a feature to force us into buying a plugin?

I wish someone from Atlassian would help us solve this issue.

Thank you.

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2019

Hi @Michel_Levy,

Is this a problem on all browsers and other users that are using the same instance? Did you check that? What version of Confluence overall are you using? Are you using Collaborative Editing?

Mirek, thank you for the quick reply.

1/ yes the problem happen with all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi, opera)

2/ We are using Confluence 6.13 9installed on a private server)

3/ yes we do have Collaborative editing installed and running.

I just stopped it to see if it did make any difference, but it did not. 

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2019

@Michel_Levy, unfortunately I am not able to reproduce this on my side. I am using a little older version of Confluence (6.6), but I checked also on Cloud and it is working fine. Either by clicking a button or using 'e' shortcut - on all longer pages it start editing where I used it.

Was this working in the past or you just started a new instance? If this was working it might be a bug since this is pretty recent version or some UI issue specific to your environment ..

You did not yet answered is this only affecting you or also other users. I assume all but want to confirm that.

We made some progress.

We were able to make this work in Firefox(only for 1 user, the others still are having issues) , but Chrome/Vivaldi/Opera are still not working for us.

We disabled all extensions in chrome and it is still not working.

Chrome is still the browser we prefer to use and would be great if we could find either a patch or solution for this issue.

Thank you.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2019

Hi @Michel_Levy

Our troubleshooting process lead us that this is definitively some kind of bug. It least I think that this is a bug.. 

I dig into the details and I found that this is actually a already reported...  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-57520

I suggest you to vote and watch it to be up to date with updates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events