fast track transition not working

hi,

i've created a JIRA workflow, and do need to use some "fast track transitions" as post functions in order to route the issue to the proper Status. those fast track transitions are the last Actions in the Transition.

the Transition itself seems to work - that means the history of the issue Shows the Transition was done, the user is displayed the correct Buttons of the next transitions - but the Status itself of the issue does not Change.

how to fix this?

br,

martin

10 answers

Hi Martin,

Which versions of JIRA and SR you use ? Do you apply further actions (for example set a comment ) during your transition ?

oh, sorry for not including this information. i'm on latest version - that means JIRA 7.1.2 & ScriptRunner 4.2.0.7. Yes, i'd set a comment also (as "Additional issue actions" during the fast track transition) but it's not applied 

sr.PNG

0 vote

Those fast-track functions... do they have mutually exclusive conditions?

Setting the comment may not happen if there is not a screen for that transition with comments on it, other answers suggest to use CommentManager to create the comment.

Try to add the comment using the commentManager

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

Issue issue = issue
def commentManager = ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()
def currentuser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
//will create a comment to issue with currentUser being for author
commentManager.create(issue, currentuser, "this is a comment", false)

yes, those are mutually exclusive conditions. the comment would be just a nice to have, so i'm fine if it will not work. i've removed the creation of the comment, but this didn't change the behaviour described (i’m a collegue of martin)

0 vote

I presume you have no listeners that are doing something when that Allgemeines Ereignis event is fired?

yes. that's correct

0 vote

is there anything in the logs?

no, there isn't (sorry for the delay, but it seems like i'm only allowed to post 2 comments within 24 hours...)

do you have any idea what may cause this issue?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

364 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you