export as pdf with nested numbered lists

Deleted user January 9, 2018

Confluence V6.6.1 on Linux (also on V6.1.3)

We have a page with nested lists with the following structure:

1. item 1
2. item 2
   a. item 2.a
   b. item 2.b
3. item 3

When we export this page through the space tool / contents / export to PDF, the result is:

1. item 1
2. item 2
   1. item 2.a
   2. item 2.b
3. item 3

i.e. the level a, b has been changed in PDF to 1, 2.

We know that this works with the Scroll ExportPDF plugin, but this plugin has other defects which prevent us from using it.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

Hi Jean,

I've just tried your scenario on my Confluence 6.6.0 - unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem. My exported pdf looks like this:

image.png

How do you create the item "a. item 2.a"? With a tab to the right?

Deleted user January 10, 2018

Hi Thomas,

the 2.a was created by clicking on the indent icon in the formatting bar of the editor. And yes, we also have/had versions where it worked correctly. But unfortunately it doesn't in the current version.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

does the storage format of your page looks like this:

<ol>
<li>item 1</li>
<li>item 2
<ol>
<li>item 2a</li>
<li>item 2b</li></ol></li>
<li>item 3</li></ol>

Yes.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2018

Hmm, then my last idea is, do you have some modifications in your pdf stylesheets? 

If not, please contact Atlassian support (support.atlassian.com). Maybe there's a bug that affects your system.

We have tried it now with a new space, without pdf stylesheets, and the error is still there.

It worked in 6.2.1, it didn't work in 6.1.3 and 6.6.1.

So I'll contact Atlassian support. Thank you.

Deleted user January 12, 2018

The request has been accepted as bug under problem CONFSERVER-54773

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2018

@[deleted] - great, thank you for the follow-up

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events