Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export a single page to xml and import it in another Wiki

Bjorn March 28, 2014

Hi,

We have a page which I exported via the Space admin - Operations - XML custom xml export. Now I want to import this page on another Wiki on another location into a Space with the exact same space key name.

Basically I made the page remotely in an offline version and want to send it via email to the operational version. On the export side I can exactly mark which page(s) I want to export but on the import side on the other Wiki I fail to find this import functionality. It's possible to import a complete back-up but importing/adding a single page in .xml isn't?

Any idea how I can get around this?

Thanks

B.

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2014

I don't think you can restore to an existing space - see note 3 from restoring a space.

What you are trying to do is simple using the Confluence Command Line Interface and the copyPage action with targetServer and related parameters.

Bjorn March 29, 2014

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your answer.

Although the CLI method is probably great but for occasional imports with basic end users it's over the top. It also acquires an additional license.

A pity confluence provides a perfectly simple and fine GUI to export a complete page including attachments but doesn't provide the same functionality to import it. Unless I missed it of course.

Regards.

B.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events