error when shutting down confluence

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

after shut down of confluence it logs below error in atlassian-confluence.log flie

2014-07-10 14:49:51,243 FATAL [localhost-startStop-2] [atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext] getComponent Spring Application context has not been set

2014-07-10 14:49:51,275 WARN [localhost-startStop-2] [atlassian.confluence.plugin.PluginFrameworkContextListener] contextDestroyed Failed to shut down plugin system during ServletContext shutdown: Spring Application context has not been set

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

it was because I have executed chown -R for both jira and conflunce

later i changed it to

chown -R confluence /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence

chown -R confluence /opt/atlassian/confluence
0 votes
Joachim Ooi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

Hi Paresh,

Are you running Confluence on a Linux OS?

If yes, have you checked whether you have the write permissions to the HOME folder? The same problem could also occur if you are running Confluence as the root user.

If it is the latter, then try not to run Confluence as root.

If it is because of permission issue, ensure that the user running Confluence has full read and write access to the home folder. This can be set by running chmod -R with the appropriate permissions, to apply them recursively to each sub folder.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

1st time i ran confluence as root later i stopped it.

then i did start/stop using confluence user by providing

chown -R confluence /var/atlassian/

chown -R confluence /opt/atlassian
Do I have to run anyother permission command?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events