erroneous mail server cannot be deleted

Deleted user January 10, 2018

I have in confluence V6.6.1 a mail server that does not work and cannot be edited in the mail server section (leads to a NullPointerException at com.atlassian.confluence.admin.actions.mail.EditMailServerAction.doDefault(EditMailServerAction.java:51)).

This mail server cannot be deleted through the administrator functions. When I click on delete nothing happens - no error message, no deletion.

Unfortunately this is the first entry so I suppose that no mails are sent by confluence because confluence takes the first server.

Is there a way to delete this mail server by force? Where is the configuration stored?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Jean,

You may remove the email server from the database manually. It is stored in the bandana table.

• Please shut down Confluence, back up the database and then run the query and start Confluence again.
  • I tested this query on PostgreSQL, it is simple so should not require much tweaking:
delete from bandana where bandanakey = 'atlassian.confluence.smtp.mail.accounts';

That will remove all your email servers from Confluence.

If you continue to run into issues, please let me know so we can take a deeper look.

Thanks,

Ann

Deleted user January 11, 2018

Thank you, it worked.

(Unfortunately I can neither upvote your answer nor tick the 'accept as solution'.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events