endorsement of documents

Elmar Mammadov May 13, 2020

Hi. In my company, different departments create documents (almost these are instructions, guidelines and so on) which should be agreed with other departments. For example, Department A creates Guidelines for Managing Credit Risk. Guidelines also consists of obligations that other departments have to do if the document will be approved by the CEO. Other Departments monitor the draft of Guidelines and make some changes, agrees or disagrees with it. After again Department A monitors what other Departments say about this draft of Guidelines, make some changes on it and so on.. Finally document is endorsed with every obligated other Departments and goes to to the CEO for approval.. my question is: Is the Confluence correct program for this process? ot this shoul be in ECM programs? thanks in advance

2 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

Confluence is a good place to write stuff, but here, you seem to have a process for managing publication, which is not so much Confluence's remit.

I think my answer is conditional on your process.  Broadly, there's two approaches

The light approach is a process where you just educate people that "it's not approved until the CEO comments to say that it is".

The heavier approach is to get an app like Comala Workflows, one that can impose a workflow (including approvals)

Ryan Carpenter May 22, 2020

All true. Still, I think it is worth pointing out that "heavy" is relative here. Using Comala Document Management is light as a feather compared to exports, comments, out-of-sync edits, and final storage in a second system. If the final publishing format is Confluence itself and the team is already onboard with using Confluence for the approval process, then this situation looks like a fantastic use of Confluence.

1 vote
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

Another approach to endorse documents might be to use the Document Control for Confluence Cloud add-on ( https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217765/document-control-for-confluence-cloud ) and use it without the "Regulatory Compliance" setting.  You can nominate multiple persons to review a document, and automatically send them an email.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events