embed confluence macro in draw.io

Trying to embed confluence macros inside of draw.io objects. I've tried pasting the raw html for the macro into a text box with the html mode enabled, but when I go back to view mode the macro renders as blank white space. If I try the same procedure with an img tag the image renders correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

No, that's not possible. What effect are you trying to achieve?

Trying to create dynamic drawings that update when things change in JIRA or confluence. I'll just script it with an SVG library. Thanks for getting back to me though.

Interesting concept. Could you give me an example of a data source?

If I tell you, will you make it? smile

Most likely after you tell me I'll go to bed. But when I get up in the morning I will be interested in data-driven diagrams in Confluence still. I'll certainly attempt it if the use case is of fairly general interest.

A couple of graphs which would be of interest. Using JIRA links to create dependency graphs in Draw.io, so that you can visually inspect the status of those dependencies. An org chart that automatically updates when the org changes. A simple case, would be a drawing box that takes its formatting information based on the state of a JIRA issue (accepted vs. rejected, or complete vs. incomplete). With that macro, it would be easy to build custom views of project status if the team is using JIRA to track tasks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

204 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you