draw.io plugin broken

tliebscher September 17, 2018

I installed draw.io plugin with a trial license for a self hosted confluence beginning of this year, to compare it to gliffy, which we were/are currently using. It went well and I decided to switch plugins when our license is extended (october). For the time being I left draw.io installed, but we didn't use it.

I probably should have deinstalled it, because now I have the problem that in plugin admin page it says draw.io is outdated, but the update button doesn't work and the detail page does not open either, so I can't even deinstall it. Even when i search for draw.io in the marketplace and click on 'buy now' nothing happens...

Any ideas?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
tliebscher September 27, 2018

Ok, it seems to be a browser problem. I'm using FF normally, but when I tried it in Chrome it worked fine. Very strange.

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

What is your preferred outcome, to uninstall it or to get it working again?

tliebscher September 20, 2018

get it working again. I'll try Lavakumars suggestion, see if this works

0 votes
Lava Kumar Dukanam _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

Hi @tliebscher,

You may also try the version you want to use from here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210933/draw-io-diagrams-for-confluence/version-history

copy the download link and use "upload add-on" button from "manage add-ons" section and paste the download link.

Thanks,

Lava

Hi, the update did work, but the result is still the same. The addon page won't show details for the plugin. Only the message that it's outdated ist gone ;) Comala still looks like Draw.io before the manual update. I have the same problem there.

Addons.PNG

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2018

If you open that section up, what does it say about enabled modules?

Which section? If you are talking about Draw.io, it is opened up already, as you can see when you look at the little arrow on the lefthand side. What happens is, that it says Loading addon details and then it just shows a blank line.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2018

I think we need your Confluence logs at this point. Can you send them to support@draw.io please?

What exactly do you need? Shall I just create a support .zip and send it to them?

0 votes
Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2018

Hi @tliebscher

You can remove it from the installed-plugins directory on the server. 

Don't forget to shut down JIRA before you do this and make a backup.

After the file is removed you can restart JIRA

Regards

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events