Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

don't want to display "Operation type" in my pivot table

Hi, 

I am trying to create a pivot table in that I don't want to display "Operation type" (Sum / Count/ Average / Literal) in my pivot table.

I want to remove Operation type in my pivot table view.

pivot table setting.JPG

Is there a way to do it permanently? Any help is appreciated!

I tried editing the settings but its not working

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi @Sadeesh Narendran ,

We can suggest hiding the whole pivot panel into the view mode: go to the Pivot Table macro settings -> Options tab -> Hide control panel.

Sun 1-1.png

If you want to organize your result pivot table into a better way, you may rename its Operational type column - wrap your Pivot Table macro into the Table Transformer macro and use the following SQL query:

Sun 1-2.png

SELECT T1.'Status', T1.'Count' AS 'Whatever name you want'
FROM T*

Sun 1-3.png

If you don't want to show this column in the result table at all, just don't list it in you SQL query. For example, "SELECT T1.'Status' FROM T*" will publish only the first "Status" column.

Hope it may help your case.

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ Thanks Katerina! Here again when I use SQL i get all listed duplicate items, but I want the rows to be merged something like below.

Table in Confluence.JPG

Hi @Sadeesh Narendran ,

Please try the following option: wrap your Pivot Table into the Table Filter macro.

Here is your two-dimensional pivot:

Mon 4-1.png

Now you go the the Table Filter macro settings -> Filters tab and check the Hide columns option:

Mon 4-2.png

And navigate to the Filtration tab -> Set filters' default values and choose the last column which you want to hide:

Mon 4-3.png

So, the structure of your pivot table will be preserved.

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_  Thanks for your step by step explanation. I did followed all your steps but Im not getting that column "Literal of Release Date" to hide.

Literal Capture.JPG 

Hi @Sadeesh Narendran , it's a strange situation - if you see the column into the Pivot Table macro, it should be also visible via the Table Filter macro.

So, please, check the version of your app - the current one is 7.6.5.

And raise a support request here. Please attach your page storage format: upper right corner of the page > menu ... > View page storage format.

Please update the app and check if the issue is still present.

If yes, then create a support request - I've warned our support team about the issue.

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ Thanks for all your help! Unfortunately its my corporate App, I cant upgrade. I will raise the request internally.

Thanks for ur help!

0 votes

What are you using to create this table, and from where is it drawing its data?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

👁‍🗨 Confluence Team planning dashboard_Atlympics 🌈

Hi Atlassian's, How is your journey with #Atlympics 2021 so far....excited! Me too, same excitement. Here's my typical team planning and vision dashboard which I used to share to my management and ...

46 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you