different permissions on pages in a space

Mike Flannery May 25, 2016

The way our business uses confluence, we have a since shared confluence instance throughout the company. Each team, group and person can create a Space as needed. 

Our team wants to create a Wiki with both internal and external page permissions (in team vs not in team). Sounds like this is possible but requires a larger Space permission first. Is that something I,creator of the Space, can set? Or do I need our Confluence instance Admin to do this for me? As well as all the additions to the Space as needed?

Is there Documentation someone can point me in the direction of?

2 answers

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2016

create a Space with Permissions controlled access "open but login access"   i.e. access is open to "confluence users" .. that means any person who has their own User account in your system can access the Space.

Now the Home page create two pages

"Team Only"

"Everyone"

On "Team Only" page, set Page Restrictions for the View type to your team members - either by individual name or if you have also created a Permissions Group with your team members.
Any page you create as a Child to "Team only" will automatically inherit the same View Restriction.

Leave "Everyone" page without any View Restrictions

Your team will now see both pages (and their children) at the home page,
whilst non-team members will only see one page ("Everyone" and its children)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2016

Yes.  First, you need to grant everyone access to see the space, as a space creator.

Then, assuming they have the "restrict" permission, your users can create pages which are read-only or even hidden, and their child pages will take on the same visibility.  It's quite common to see spaces which have the simple approach - open to all, but with a top-level page named something like "internal only" with the view restricted to an internal users group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events