dependencies issues while compiling Confluence source

I am trying to compile Confluence on a CentOS 7 Server, I installed OpenJDK8 and the "mailer" and "ojdbc6" dependencies. and here is how I installed the dependencies :

./mvn325.sh install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.mail -DartifactId=mail -Dversion=1.x.x -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=../javamail/mail.jar -s "settings.xml" -Dmaven.repo.local="`pwd`/localrepo"
./mvn325.sh install:install-file -DgroupId=com.oracle -DartifactId=oracle-jdbc15 -Dversion=11.2.0.1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=../ojdbc6.jar -s "settings.xml" -Dmaven.repo.local="`pwd`/localrepo"

And after executing build.sh script it takes a lot of time downloading and compiling to end with this error :

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project confluence-multi-test: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.atlassian.confluence.test:confluence-multi-test:jar:6.0.4-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.oracle:oracle-jdbc7:jar:12.1.0.2, com.microsoft.sqlserver:sqljdbc:jar:6.0.7507: Could not find artifact com.oracle:oracle-jdbc7:jar:12.1.0.2 in atlassian-proxy (https://m2proxy.atlassian.com/repository/public) -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :confluence-multi-test

What to do?

1 answer

I'm having the same issue.

I see this:

Could not resolve dependencies for project com.atlassian.confluence.test:confluence-multi-test:jar:6.0.6-SNAPSHOT:

The following artifacts could not be resolved:

com.oracle:oracle-jdbc7:jar:12.1.0.2, com.microsoft.sqlserver:sqljdbc:jar:6.0.7507:

Could not find artifact

com.oracle:oracle-jdbc7:jar:12.1.0.2

How is this resolved?

Thanks.

@Greg Miller you could try to install these dependencies manually to your maven local repository(because these artifacts are not available in "known" repositories) and than rerun your build script.

How to install artifacts to maven local repository you can find here: https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-local.html

Hope, you are still interested in this issue :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,059 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you