decimal value in confluence

Software Asset Management January 17, 2017

How can we remove decimal from confluence? Please find attached screenshot for reference.image2017-1-18 10:21:20.png

I have made change in General configuration. See attached screenshot.

image2017-1-18 10:22:47.png

1 answer

1 vote
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2017

Hi,

It looks like you're using a Page Properties Report to generate that table.  The Page Properties Report just provides a faithful report of the the data in your Page Properties macros, so if the decimal is in there it'll be displayed in the Page Properties report.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2017

It looks like a JIRA macro for filter results to me, but even if it is, the principle is the same - it's a faithful representation of the data the macro is reporting on.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Good point, I hadn't noticed the column on the right....

Software Asset Management January 19, 2017

Thanks Rob/Nic for valuable inputs. How can we fix this? Do I have to make any config changes?

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2017

Hi,

I'm afraid you can't "fix" it, because it's not broken - this is intended functionality.  The reports in Confluence give you a faithful rendition of the data they're reporting on, so the only way to avoid having decimal places in the values in your report is not to have decimal places in the values in JIRA that you're reporting on.

(Bear in mind that Confluence is a wiki, it's not a data processing tool like Excel.  It's not designed to do numerical operations like rounding, or calculations on data.)

Software Asset Management January 22, 2017

Hello Rob,

I am pulling reports from JIRA where field value is not having any decimal places. Still on Confluence it is showing decimal values. We want to stop this behaviour of confluence.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2017

If the field doesn't have any decimal places, that implies you've changed your JIRA look and feel to hide it.  It's still a numeric field though, and that's how Confluence reads numeric fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events