deactivate autocorrect

Is it possible to deactiviate/disable the autocorrect function in confluence?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jan 26, 2014

What autocorrect funciton are you talking about? Are you sure its not the browser's autocorrect?

Damned!! You are rigth !

Thanks a lot, Timothy

No it isn't the browser's Autocorrect.

I can type JIRA into here and hey look it didn't change it to Jira.

I NEVER EVER want ANYTHING I type to be changed. If I wanted to type Jira I wouldn't type JIRA.

How do I disable..

There are only a couple of correction functions in Confluence, and none in Lithium here.   The original question you're replying to was written on Atlassian answers which used Confluence, so it had the Jira to JIRA function of Confluence.

It was put in because Atlassian wanted users to use the correct name for their prodict, which was JIRA.

It changed during the rebranding last US Summit, to Jira, but the code for the correction has only been updated in later versions of Confluence

You can't disable it without code changes, but the way to correct it so Jira remains Jira is to upgrade.

I'm not sure what you are saying.

I am typing a comment in bitbucket and refer to JIRA and spell JIRA with all-uppercase because that's how it should be spelt but it is auto-correcting me.

I want to disable any auto-correct. I never like it and always disable it.

Upgrade what?

You had not mentioned Bitbucket, I assumed you were using Confluence as per the original question.

Bitbucket has been updated to include auto-correction of Jira to the current name - Jira.  It is not JIRA since the branding changed last year.

If you want to use the incorrect name and not have Bitbucket try to correct it, then you will need to hack the code in Bitbucket and recompile it.

Auto-correct should never be forced upon anyone.

It should always be a featured that can be turned off.

I suspect this is one where marketing interfered, so that the branding is correctly enforced.  And it's five words if memory serves, all brand names.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

157 views 3 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you