Our department is switching from jspwiki to Confluence. I have a brand new server based installation of Confluence version 5.6.
I'm searching for tools to help migrate data from jspwiki v2.8.2 to confluence and have only found the universal wiki plugin that stopped working with version 4.3.7. What do you suggest.
I successfully used https://migrations.atlassian.net. My issues were that some of the pages would not import for reasons that I never diagnosed. What I did was create a script that copied one page at a time and imported it so that I could see when there was an issue. Other things to take into consideration: 1- jspwiki doesn't maintain good parent child relationships, so all the pages were imported at the top level. We imported into an archive space and have been moving pages into their final destination within Confluence instead of using the pages directly. 2 - some pages used macros that we didn't have available in Confluence so they didn't import well. We simply fix them as we find them. I kept the originals around in case someone needs to reference them to understand the imported page.
Have you gone down this path yet? I need to merge an old JSPWiki into our existing Confluence Wiki, and looking for tips and tricks from people who have gone down this path before me.
I'd be interested in any info you might be able to provide.
It's funny you should ask at exactly this time. I am working on this project now. Yes, the UWC works. I am however having issues where it does not ingest all pages. I'm going to reduce the size of the import to see if that resolves my issues. The other 'silly' issue is that UWC is an X11 application, so you need to configure appropriately. I'm using MobaXterm to support the X11 from my linux machine to my laptop.
More information. I found that the X11 interface would hang during the import. My solution was to use the command line version. I wrote a simple wrapper script where I would call run_cmdline.sh for one file at a time. This worked quite well. It is a bit awkward because the configuration passes in directory, but my script copies .txt file and matching .properties file to target directory and configuration file points to directory with all the attachments so that they can be found for each file.
Import still hangs now and then, but when it does, I remove the offending file and continue the process.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG