Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dashboard modify tool survey

Hsu Yao Chang October 20, 2015

Dear all, 

Is there any suggestion for modify confluence dashboard visually ? We don't know how to modify the code as listed as below:

#foreach ($webPanel in $webInterfaceManager.getDisplayableWebPanels("atl.dashboard.left", {}))
<div class="dashboard-item">
$!webPanel.getHtml($req.getParameterMap())
</div>
#end

So we would like to find visual tool for modify confluence 4.2.1 dashboard. Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Hsu Yao Chang October 21, 2015

Dear Nic Brough,

We would like to add new tab item or add tab menu at the page or space, how can we finish the function ? (refer to the address of https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxriXuT0xeaFdW5INERaSEhlYTA/view?usp=sharing )

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2015

Ok, well messing around with the dashboard template is not going to help you on that one. That view is a predefined function built into an "add on" that Confluence ships with by default. To change that to add tabs, you will need to pull out that add on, and write your own to replace it, which is not going to be pleasant. If you are willing to approach it slightly differently, you have some easier options - Install a theme addon that can give you a different dashboard with more customisable views - Create addons that implement your own menu items - Create your own home page using macros to show what you want and make that the default "dashboard"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2015

Not really.  There are some editors which will help you edit velocity, but I'm not aware of any that would WYSIWYG it.  Velocity is quite flexible, so it's hard to code for known outputs.

What are you trying to do with it?

Because we have find the code which we should modify, we don't how to modify it's code. So we tried to use visual tool to adjust the same result.Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2015

Eh? A visual tool isn't going to help you find code that you don't know is doing the stuff you think you might want to change. Forget tools and technology. Look at the screen the dashboard draws for you. What are you trying to change in there?

Dear Nic Brough, 

How do we know "add on" which we should use ? We have also tried install theme option to solve the problem. 

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2015

It's a good question, but I can't give you a specific answer - you'll need to read up on, and try the various options to work out which one is best for you. I know it can be done with Adaptadist's Theme Builder (Yes, I can be seen as biased here, as I work for Adaptavist, but I'm saying that based on my pre-adaptavist experience with TB), and I'm pretty sure you can do it with both RefinedWiki and Brikit theme add-ons. Other individual themes - I don't know, I've not seen any that change the dashboard like that. You might also want to look at the "custom dashboards" addon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events