csv table export macro caching options

Martin Berins March 6, 2017

CSV table export macro plugin seems to be caching the output table - i.e. exporting from the same page in a certain time interval gives me the same output file although the page contents has already changed. I cannot seem to find any caching options to disable this or change the timing. I also tried to tick the volatile table checkbox on and off but that did not change it.

Plugin version 1.1.3

Confluence version 5.10.1

Could someone please advise?

6 answers

1 vote
Fabian Welz March 20, 2017

From what I read, you need the "volatile" option, and maybe it would help to put the export-csv plugin at the outermost position so that it encloses everything?

The plugin uses the confluence cache to save the data and make it faster. If you set it to "volatile" it won't be saving it in caches. But it does not use a temp file. 

You also could try to flush the cache of the plugin on the cache managment site

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/cache-statistics-150472.html

Martin Berins April 6, 2017

Fabian, thank you very much for your caching comment. Although I am pretty convinced it did not work when I raised the case (back then I suggested I tried it on and off), it seems to be doing better now with the volatile setting ticked.

0 votes
Martin Berins March 20, 2017

Fabian, the problem definitely occurs with larger tables, say, several thousand rows.

The usage is as follows:
1) the page contains the run self-service plugin, which allows for selection of a country

2) inside the 'run' plugin (1) there is the 'export csv' plugin

3) inside the 'export csv' plugin (2) there is a sql-query plugin, which returns rows for the selected country

4) i run the page for one country, click 'export', it exports the file for the selected country.

5) i then re-run the page with a different country selected, the report shows the correct contents on the screen, but when I click 'export' the exported file still contains the data from step (4), even if I re-logon to a new browser session, and even if I change the browser from chrome to Firefox.

Could it have something to do with the plugin trying and failing to overwrite some temp file?

0 votes
Fabian Welz March 14, 2017

Can you describe how you are using the table, so that it changes but the csv doesnt? 

I have to say, the plugin only exports everything as it is on page load, so maybe you are pressing some sort of filter-option in the browser after the page load?

0 votes
Martin Berins March 12, 2017

Fabian, I am afraid it is rather dynamic content generated by the 'SQL query' plugin, all of which is also wrapped inside 'Run Self-service reports' plugin. So, in a sense, the structure is as follows: <run><export><sql-query>results table</sql-query></export></run>. Please let me know if something is not clear.

0 votes
Fabian Welz March 12, 2017

Are there other plugins involved or just a plain old table?

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

Hi Martin,

As a workaround you can export table to CSV using Table Filter macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events