'create jira ticket' button or link or form in a confluence page

Alex Bernardin April 7, 2021

I'd like to have a confluence page with a button or a link or (super great) a simple form that will begin the Jira ticket create flow with some fields pre-defined, such as the Jira project, and maybe Component, or a custom field or two.

The built in functionality of selecting text and initiating the 'create' action isn't what I'm looking for.

I'm making a page that talks about a particular team/department or system, and I want to make it easy for staff to submit a ticket to that team/department, or file a bug about that system.

Other questions like this in the Community have pointed folks to setting up Issue Collectors, but embedding an issue collector relies on embedding javascript in the page, which is not an option in Confluence Cloud, as far as I can tell. Also, that capability is a big security problem, so it's not ideal to make it OK, even if cloud allowed it. 

This feels like something that should be built-in, so I'm really hoping I'm just missing something obvious.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

@Alex Bernardin 

The only thing I can think of is to create a Jira issue link.

In cloud follow these steps:

1. Go to Projects.
  2. In overflow menu for your project, select Project settings.
    The URL should now have the project ID.
  3. Still in Project settings, go to Issue types.
  4. Hover over the issue to get its URL, which shows its ID.

Here is an example URL:

my-tennant.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?issuetype=10011&pid=10097

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Forgot to add this so you know what parameters use can use. How to create issues using direct HTML links in Jira Server | Jira | Atlassian Documentation

Like Marcel Kleinlütke likes this
Alex Bernardin April 8, 2021

@Brant Schroeder thank you! Verified that this works with Cloud as well, despite the warnings on the page about it possibly not working :-) 

Steve Ramos February 16, 2022

@Brant Schroeder thanks for this. Worked like a charm for me in Feb. 2022

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2022

@Alex Bernardin @Steve Ramos  - can you explain how you added the URL to confluence?

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

You can have Issue collectors in cloud - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-issue-collector/ 

An alternative way might be to use the plugin we develop - ConfiForms

and the tutorial to build an intake form

Lot's of possibilities on form creation, not limited to building Jira issues intake forms

Alex 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events