Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create from template button not visible to some users

Ana-Maria Oleski April 21, 2021

Hi,

we're using Confluence Server 7.4.5 - still in test phase - and all regular users can't see the 'create from template' button.

It doesn't seem to be a permissions problem, at least I can't find  a permission that relates to this action  and normal page  creation works - the create button is visible.

The admin user can see the buton and so can a testuser that I added via the admin board. 

The only difference that I can see, is that the other users belong to more groups than my test user and that they are all  LDAP Users.

2 answers

0 votes
Jakub Bryl September 21, 2021

Hi, We had similar problem, but on Cloud (not sure if the solution will work on Server). It turned out that we did have a permission problem. The "create from template" macro was placed on a page in "space A", to which users have full access, but it was configured to use "space B" as a default. We missed correct users permission on "space B" - and this resulted in "create from macro buttons" being greyed out on the page in "space A". Worth checking.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

@Ana-Maria Oleski 

Can you share a screenshot of what they are seeing and a screenshot of what you expect them to see?

Ana-Maria Oleski September 22, 2021

Hi,

the problem disappeared after the user created a new space so I stopped looking for the cause. But I do still have the screenshots

Both buttons (create and ... - which is create from template)

both_buttons.png

Only create button

only_create_button.png

To be precise: the user created space B and then could immediately see the button in both spaces. Weird but whatever :-)

Thank you for answering

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events