Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting multiple instances of confluence

dbjayaprakash December 12, 2016

Is it possible to connect two instances of confluence servers and exchange data of Spaces between them?

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Theoretically yes, if you use the remotepublishing plugin from Comalatech. I have used it one direction to publish from an internal server to an external public server. Not sure I would try bidirectional as collisions would be an issue, and this publishing would be on-demand, triggered by event. This plugin also requires their Workflows plugin (which I have also used successfully).

You could write a workflow that would publish a page once it is updated, for example. But arbitration would be really hard.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2016

No.  You can only connect one Confluence to a database at a time. 

You'll need to find/write a synchronisation service to do that.

Technically, Confluence Data Centre does many instances, but it looks like a single Confluence installation, it's not an "exchange of data", it's everyone working in one Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events