Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conflunce data import reporting weeks to complete

david martin December 22, 2014

is it normal for confluence to report estimated time to complete 40 weeks and still counting after 3 days of importing a backup and still only being at 1%.  Is there another way to import data?

5 answers

1 vote
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2014

Hi David,

No, I believe this can be shown due the lack of resources of your environment. I would highly suggest you to increase the JAVA memory that way Confluence will have more memory to work on it. First you'll shutdown Confluence, and then update the values there. I highly suggest that you set your Confluence to have 4gigs of memory.

Here are the steps to do such:

To increase the JVM memory, here are the steps:

Linux:

# From <confluence-install>/bin (Stand-alone) or <Tomcat-home>/bin (EAR-WAR installation), open setenv.sh (you can create this file in the EAR/WAR version).
# Find the section JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m ...
# See Diagnosis above and enter the appropriate values. Xmx is maximum, Xms is minimum, and MaxPermSize is PermGen.

Windows:

# From <confluence-install>/bin (Stand-alone) or <Tomcat-home>/bin (EAR-WAR installation), open setenv.bat.
# Find the section set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
# See Diagnosis above and enter the appropriate values. Xmx is maximum, Xms is minimum, and MaxPermSize is PermGen.

Running Confluence as a Service:

* You can scroll down to Windows Service section

For more information, you can refer to this documentation: How to Fix Out of Memory Errors by Increasing Available Memory.

Cheers,
WZ

0 votes
david martin January 6, 2015

Also this is a virtual server does that matter?

0 votes
david martin January 6, 2015

My current setting are  "-Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+UseG1GC".  And now it stops at 9 % oh and I have to consistently move my mouse around and stay in the browser window where the import is running.  Can you please assist me.

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2014

Hi David,

I would say Xms4098m -Xmx4098m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m without -XX:+UseG1GC

Cheers,

WZ

0 votes
david martin December 23, 2014

My current setting are  "-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+UseG1GC".  what  would you recommend I change them to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events