confluence synchrony editing can't start when i update confluence

Feng Lan October 14, 2019

hello,
When I updated the confluence to 6.13.7. Collaborative editing cannot be started. Error not initialize class oshi.jna.platform.linux.Libc, I am using docker to upgrade. based on Atlassian/confluence-server: 6.13.7-ubuntu-18.04-adoptopenjdk8
Has anyone seen this error before?
0DEBD57AC28359597AD7CDB2E264EF55.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hello @Feng Lan,

Thank you for raising this issue with us. Could you try the following:

1. From the Manage Add-ons page, disable and re-enable the Synchrony plugin
  2. Shutdown Confluence
  3. Clear the plugin cache
  4. Remove the /confluence_install/temp/synchrony.pid file
  5. Restart Confluence
  6. Restart Synchrony / Collaborative editing
     Please remember to generate a backup of the Confluence home and installation directory and perform testing on a test instance.

If that doesn't work, we'll need to see some more of your log files, so have a look at your Confluence Server logs and review the full stack trace from when you attempt to enable Synchrony.

Regards,

Shannon

Feng Lan October 22, 2019

Sorry, I replied so late, I tried to use your method, but I found that there is no such file in my temp path. This is my error log, please check it out.

2019-10-22 19:30:44,245 INFO [Long running task: Restart Synchrony Task] [plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager] startup Starting Synchrony and enabling Collaborative Editing
2019-10-22 19:30:44,270 INFO [synchrony-interop-executor:thread-1] [plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager] isSynchronyProxyEnabled proxy port present: false
2019-10-22 19:30:44,270 INFO [synchrony-interop-executor:thread-1] [plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager] isSynchronyProxyEnabled app config synchrony.proxy.enabled: true
2019-10-22 19:30:44,274 ERROR [Long running task: Restart Synchrony Task] [confluence.util.longrunning.ConfluenceAbstractLongRunningTask] run Long running task "Restart Synchrony Task" failed to run.
-- url: /rest/synchrony-interop/restart | referer: http://xxx/admin/confluence-collaborative-editor-plugin/configure.action | traceId: 00135f9297d088fc | userName: lanfeng
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class oshi.jna.platform.linux.Libc
at oshi.software.os.linux.LinuxOperatingSystem.getProcessId(LinuxOperatingSystem.java:132)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.getConfluenceProcessId(DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java:689)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.setupEnvironment(DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java:389)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.trySetup(DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java:696)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.lambda$startProcess$1(DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java:590)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2019-10-22 19:31:19,478 WARN [Caesium-1-4] [impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper] runJob Scheduled job LaasPerformanceLoggingJob#LaasPerformanceLoggingJob completed unsuccessfully with response JobRunnerResponse[runOutcome=ABORTED,message='LaaS performance logging is turned off']
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

@Feng Lan,

Thank you for sharing those details with us! The error you're encountering appears to be letting us know what we already know; that Synchrony isn't able to start.

It's possible that you don't have the PID file because Synchrony isn't started and can't run. So we can try it without removing the PID file.

Try this:

1. From General Configuration > Collaborative Editing, make sure mode is set to off.
  2. From the Manage Add-ons page, select System from the dropdown and disable Synchrony Interop Bootstrap Plugin and Confluence Collaborative Editor Plugin. Keep them disabled.
  3. Shutdown Confluence.
  4. Clear the plugin cache according to How to clear the Confluence plugins cache
  5. Start Confluence.
  6. Re-enable both plugins disabled in step number 2.
  7. Set Synchrony to ON

If this fails, then let me know and we can raise a support ticket to get a deeper look at your issue.

Best regards,

Shannon

Feng Lan November 12, 2019

I can't fix this problem after I use it, I hope to get your help

Feng Lan November 12, 2019

I still can't start after you said what you said, I hope to get your support email

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2019

Feng,

Thank you for confirming you tested the steps. I'm happy to help you raise a support ticket at this time. The Confluence license associated with your account expired in September. Please be sure that your license is renewed first, or, if you have another license that is currently active, you can raise a ticket via support.atlassian.com.

Once you've raised a ticket there let me know, and I can provide a summary on the case of what we've done so far.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events