confluence server has a failing health check

Vincent Fiset November 26, 2019

Hi, my confluence server 7.1 to which I just migrated my data from another instance has a failing health check: Warning Code Cache Memory.

I tired to bump the ReservedCodeCacheSize to 512m, but it did not help.

17345 root 24.3 /opt/java/openjdk/bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf/logging.properties -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize=2048 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources -Dorg.apache.catalina.security.SecurityListener.UMASK=0027 -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -Djdk.tls.server.protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2 -Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2 -Dconfluence.context.path=/confluence -Datlassian.plugins.startup.options=-fg -Djava.locale.providers=JRE,SPI,CLDR -Dorg.apache.tomcat.websocket.DEFAULT_BUFFER_SIZE=32768 -Dsynchrony.enable.xhr.fallback=true -Xms512m -Xmx3g -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -Dconfluence.home=/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence -XX:+UseG1GC -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300 -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -Xloggc:/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/gc-2019-11-27_02-43-29.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=2M -Xlog:gc+age=debug:file=/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/gc-2019-11-27_02-43-29.log::filecount=5,filesize=2M -XX:-PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:-PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions -Dignore.endorsed.dirs= -classpath /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/atlassian/confluence -Dcatalina.home=/opt/atlassian/confluence -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

What should I do ?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2019

If you update the app you should no longer see the issue.  I believe you are just dealing with a bug that Atlassian is working to resolve.  Here are the notes from the latest update:  Remove JVM Code Cache Healthcheck that was introduce in ATST version 1.21.0  If you update the health check app then it should go away.

Vincent Fiset November 27, 2019

Thanks Brant, that helped a lot. I was not even aware that the health checks were from a plugin!

cheers

Vincent Fiset November 27, 2019

also, should I revert the ReservedCodeCacheSize config to the default ?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

We reverted ours back.  Depends on your instance and how much ram you have to spare.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events