confluence screen jumps while editing

Heider Garcia March 8, 2017

While trying to edit content, the screen while move around in a very random way. It's as if the cursor jumped to another section and back. It seems as if it is related to using Warning, Note, TIP and Info macros, but we can't reproduce it 100%.

5 answers

1 vote
Zahir Jaffer December 18, 2023

Strangely, never faced such an issue earlier but found it occuring since 18th December. The issue is so bad, we had to shift to Google documents from Confluence to be able to work.

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2023

We are experiencing a similar issue. As soon as we are editing collaboratively and 2 are typing at the same time, the cursor is jumping mid-typing which makes it not possible to edit at the same time

0 votes
David Yohler November 15, 2023

FYI - I recently had a similar symptom.  Started editing and a new column was created and the cursor jumped.  In my case, some carriage returns (backslash n) were embedded in the text, replacing those with a proper break (html br) helped in my situation.  Cleaned up the input text to remove the offending characters and now it works as expected.

0 votes
Felice Miles June 18, 2017

Looks like this bug has been around for quite some time in one form or another.

I have found the easiest ways to side step this problem is

1. start typing on the line - sometimes that brings the cursor focus back to where you are typing.

2. if that doesnt work then hit SAVE then start editting again. It seems to clear whatever glitch is causing the cursor to get stuck.

However I really dont understand why this bug hasnt been fixed

Piyush_Annadate June 19, 2017

Mine was solved due to a plugin. I really don't remember that anymore 'what the plugin was'. But goes for a plugin which is in use while editing.

Kathy Mollman October 6, 2020

where would I download  or search for plug in?

0 votes
Mii March 8, 2017

I got the same issue here since a year ago.

It's easier to avoid such things when I use Firefox.

Chrome-based browsers (Opera, Vilvadi, Chrome, Chromium, Maxthon...) would have something like these all the time.

But in my case, I choose to use Firefox to publish copy-paste content, and Chrome-based browsers to do the editing all the time. (even with the same annoying problem) 

0 votes
Piyush_Annadate March 8, 2017

Kindly check with recent plugin added OR macro added. 'Jumping of screen' is sign of invalid macro OR plugin added. Check developer mode of Chrome (F12) OR firefox to investigate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events